The trek through Andharban is one of the most refreshing treks in the Sahyadri region. The name ‘Andharban’ is a compound word, coming from Andhar, meaning ‘dark’, and ban, which means ‘forest’. Literally the ‘dark forest’, Andharban is a trail through dense overgrowth, with beautiful views of the Devkund waterfall, Plus Valley and the Tamhini Ghat along the way. Scattered throughout with numerous small streams and waterfalls, it is a descending trek – it begins at an elevation of approximately 2,160 feet in the Sahyadri mountains and descends down into the valley, to reach the backwaters of the Bhira Dam.
Day 0 - Overnight travel.
- 10:25 pm - Meet at Borivali National Park Main Gate.
- 10:35 pm - Leave for the trek.
- 11:00 pm - Pick up at Hanuman Road Bus stop, Vile Parle.
- 11:30 pm - Pick up at Sion McDonalds (West).
- 12:15 am - Pick up at Vashi below the bridge.
- 12:40 am - Pick up at Kharghar 3 monkey point.
Day 1 - The Trek Day
- 05:00 am: Reach at the base and rest for sometime
- 06:00 am: Breakfast & Freshen up at Base Village
- 06:30 am: Reach Kundalika Valley i.e the start point of our trek
- 07:00 am: Commencement of the trek after briefing and a short introduction
- 11:00 am: Lunch at Hirdi village
- 12:30 pm: Start Descending towards Bhira Dam
- 03:00 pm: Reach Bhira Dam and freshen up at the base
- 05:30 pm: Start return journey
- 09:00 pm: Mumbai tentatively
Tour Type: This is a group trek (cost valid on a minimum of 15 participants)
Things to Carry
- ID Card
- 2 litres of water. Energy Powder or Glucon D powder. Snacks & Biscuits
- Extra Pair of Clothes. Clean napkin or small towel. Cap, sunglasses, scarf and torch
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet.
- Double pack your valuables/phones in plastic bags.
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet.
- Please carry medicines if you need any
- Hand Sanitizer and mask
- If cancellation is done 10 days or more before the start of the trek: 75% will be refunded of the total trip cost.
- If cancellation is done 7-9 days prior to the start of the trek: 50% will be refunded of the total trip cost.
- If the cancellation is done 0-6 days before the start of the trek: No refund.
- No show: No refund.
Avoid wearing precious Jewellery while trekking, as Team TT, won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without a refund.
Fitness & Health – Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands a good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
- Enjoy the adventurous trekking experience with your friends and bless your eyes with the breathtaking view of mountains and valley from the peak point.
- Explore various alluring flora, fauna and backwaters as you head towards the Andharban Forest.
- Capture the beautiful views of verdant mountains in your camera to cherish the moments again and again.
- Relish your taste buds with the delicious meals provided during the Andharban monsoon trek.
What is included in the tour
- Travel arrangements from Mumbai-Mumbai in private shared vehicles
- Meal package consisting of breakfast and lunch
- Services of an experienced trekking guide
- Basic first aid kit
- All applicable taxes
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, roadblocks etc.
- Personal expenses such as tips to staff, additional meals or beverages etc.
- Adventure travel or medical insurance
- Anything not mentioned in inclusions