Beas Kund trek has always been a famous trek of Manali because it takes you right to the source of the river that flows through the town. This kund branches off into several waterfalls, streams and small water resources. Beas Kund trek is also mentioned in the golden age books.
Day01: Manali-Solang Valley – Dhundi
Meet our representative at Solang then start trekking to Dhundi on the first day itself. You will first pass the enchanting valley of Solang, which is a popular holiday destination in India. From here, you will walk to the campsite. Dhundi is a scenic spot with the Beas River filled with boulders flowing through here, and forested hills lining its banks. In the distance, you will be able to see the peak of Hanuman Tibba.
You now begin your Beas Kund trek, and in its first leg, trek to Dhundi. It is a gradual and long climb through the mountains to this picturesque camping site. You will absolutely love camping by the river, and listening to the sound of the water splashing on the rocks.
Day02: Dhundi- Beas Kund- Dhundi
This is the longest, toughest, and the most important section of the Beas Kund trekking as it will take you near the origin of the river and then back to Dhundi. Just as you reach a little higher from the starting point, amazing views start appearing. The place has a heap of boulders and makes an excellent photography spot.
Velvety slopes will be seen from here, and below them, fir and spruce trees will be easily distinguishable. From here, you will also be able to see where the tree line ends, and grasslands take over. After admiring the views, resume your hike, and after a while, you will reach another viewpoint. From here, you will be able to see grassy mountain slopes with sparse shrubs.
In the distance, you will see the glacier along with the river emerging from it. Beyond the glaciers, barren mountains will be visible. Continue your Beas Kund trekking tour and arrive at yet another bewitching spot. By now, you would have reached way beyond the point where trees stop growing. Here you will notice that even shrubs are getting smaller and scantier. The mountains surrounding this spot have certain landslide marks, which are full of rocks.
After walking for about four hours today on your Beas Kund trek package, you will finally reach your destination. Beas Kund is a small alpine lake, where the waters seem bright blue. The numerous small streams together making up the main river will be clearly distinguishable to you. Some arise from the nearby glaciers while others have their origin in the pond itself.
You may also find vibrant purple wildflowers growing on the grasslands around the pond. Take pictures, relax by the lake, and explore the area more. Post this picturesque extravaganza, hike down and return to Bakartach.
Day03: Dhundi to Solang Valley and Departure
Begin the final stretch of your excursion by hiking downhill to Solang Valley. Once you reach Solang you are free to Depart
Things to carry
- A good pair of trekking shoes is a must.
- Your own trekking gear and camping equipment.
- Be stocked with warm clothes, irrespective of the weather you are hiking in.
- It is indispensable to carry your own personal medical and first aid kit.
- Flashlight with extra batteries.
- Since the sun shines so much brighter in high altitudes, make sure you have your sunscreen, sunglasses and caps or hats.
- To capture the panoramic views of the pace, make sure to carry along your camera, again with extra batteries, as you will not get to recharge it along the trek.
- Personal toiletries.
- Water bottles, energy bars and the backpack are the other essential which are a must-have when you venture on this trek.
- If cancellation is done 10 days or more before the start of the trek: 75% will be refunded of the total trip cost.
- If cancellation is done 7-9 days prior to the start of the trek: 50% will be refunded of the total trip cost.
- If the cancellation is done 0-6 days before the start of the trek: No refund .
- No show: No refund.
Avoid wearing precious Jewellery while trekking, as Team TT won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
Fitness & Health – Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
Visit the serene green lake of Beaskund, from where the Beas river begins | Do an easy trek to a height of over 11,000 feet | Meet friendly villagers and shepherds and learn about mountain life from them | Enjoy expansive views of famed peaks and glaciers from your campsite
What is included in the tour
- Sleeping Tents will be arranged on a Double/Triple sharing basis
- Sleeping Bags and Sleeping mat will be arranged
- Meals: Starting from Lunch on Day 1 till Lunch on Day 3
- Certified guide
- Toilet tents will be arrange
- Tea and coffee will be served at fixed times
What is NOT included in the tour
- Transfer / meals / accommodation other than mentioned above
- Food during the transit
- Porter for personal luggage. Potters can be arranged at extra cost.
- Medical Insurance
- Unforeseen handling costs due to weather disturbance, landslides, political unrest.
- Personal expenses towards tips, telephone calls, laundry, beverages etc