Harihar fort / Harshagad is a fort located 40km from Nashik City, 48 km from Igatpuri, 40 km from Ghoti in Nashik district, of Maharashtra. It is an important fort in the Nashik district and was constructed to look upon the trade route through Gonda Ghat. It receives many visitors because of its peculiar rock-cut steps. On this trek to Harihar Fort, you’ll climb up to an elevation of 3,600 feet as you hike through shrub forests and farms on mountain slopes. There are 117 steps in all. After you climb the first rocky staircase main entrance we walk thru below an overhang with a sheer drop. Again one has to climb a set of steep stairs with niches, then pass thru a staircase inside the rock like Peth Fort - Kothaligad Fort and then reach the top of the fort. A steep and adventurous climb, you’ll take the rock-cut stairs for over 200 feet to reach the Harihar Fort. Upon reaching the fort after a 3-hr trek, you’ll catch spectacular views of the Phani Hill, Brahma Parvat, and the mountains near Trimbakeshwar, and views of Vaitarna. There is a small temple of Lord Hanuman and Lord Shiva on the plateau with a small pond in front of this temple. This trek will lead you over a well-defined trail of relatively moderate to easy difficulty, making it perfect for fit beginners as well as experienced trekkers.
10:00 pm Meet the team at SGNP Main Gate Borivali East
11:00 pm Pick up from Pritam Da Dhaba/Kotak ATM, Dadar (E)
11:30 pm Pick up from Teen Haath Naka, Thane
11:45 pm Start journey towards Harihar fort
03:30-4:00 am Reach base village and rest for some time.
05:00 am Have breakfast
05:30 am Start ascending.
08:30 am Reach the top and explore the fort.
10:00 am Start descending.
12:30 pm Reach base village and have lunch.
14:00 pm Start return journey towards Mumbai.
21:00 pm Approx. arrival at Mumbai. (Depends upon the traffic)
Tour Type: This is a group trek (cost valid on minimum 15 participants)
Things to Carry
- ID Card
- 2 liters water. Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder. Snacks & Biscuits
- Extra Pair of Clothes. Clean napkin or small towel. Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Torch with Extra Batteries
- Please carry medicines if you need any
- Hand Sanitizer
- If cancellation is done 10 days or more before the start of the trek: 75% will be refunded of the total trip cost.
- If cancellation is done 7-9 days prior to the start of the trek: 50% will be refunded of the total trip cost.
- If the cancellation is done 0-6 days before the start of the trek: No refund.
- No show: No refund.
Avoid wearing precious Jewellery while trekking, as Team TT won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without a refund.
Fitness & Health – Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands a good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
- Add a little excitement to your weekend with a night trek to Harihar Fort.
- Climb up to an elevation of 3,600 feet and scale the Harihar Fort.
- Night Trek full of adventure.
- Amazing view from the top of the fort.
- Catch spectacular morning views of the mountains and forests of Western Ghats.
What is included in the tour
- Travel arrangements from Mumbai-Mumbai in private shared vehicles
- Meal package consisting of breakfast and lunch
- Services of an experienced trekking guide
- Basic first aid kit
- All applicable taxes
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, road blocks etc.
- Personal expenses such as tips to staff, additional meals or beverages etc.
- Adventure travel or medical insurance
- Anything not mentioned in inclusions