Harihar fort / Harshagad is a fort located 40km from Nashik City, 48 km from Igatpuri, 40 km from Ghoti in Nashik district, of Maharashtra. It is an important fort in the Nashik district and was constructed to look upon the trade route through Gonda Ghat. It receives many visitors because of its peculiar rock-cut steps. On this trek to Harihar Fort, you’ll climb up to an elevation of 3,600 feet as you hike through shrub forests and farms on mountain slopes. There are 117 steps in all. After you climb the first rocky staircase main entrance we walk thru below an overhang with a sheer drop. Again one has to climb a set of steep stairs with niches, then pass thru a staircase inside the rock like Peth Fort - Kothaligad Fort and then reach the top of the fort. A steep and adventurous climb, you’ll take the rock-cut stairs for over 200 feet to reach the Harihar Fort. Upon reaching the fort after a 3-hr trek, you’ll catch spectacular views of the Phani Hill, Brahma Parvat, and the mountains near Trimbakeshwar, and views of Vaitarna. There is a small temple of Lord Hanuman and Lord Shiva on the plateau with a small pond in front of this temple. This trek will lead you over a well-defined trail of relatively moderate to easy difficulty, making it perfect for fit beginners as well as experienced trekkers.
Meeting Point : Kasara Railway Station at 11.10pm
11:15 am Meetup, freshen up, gear up
11:30 am Leave for base village in a private taxi
01:30 am Reach base village
01:45 am Introduction round and brief on rules and regulations to be followed by everyone on the event
02:00 am Start the trek with a small warm up walk.
04:30 am Reach Machi and take some rest
06:00 am Reach top, Explore the fort, Enjoy the view of the surrounding
07:00 am Start descend back to the base
09:30 am Reach Base Village and Have Breakfast
10:00 am Start the return Journey towards Kasara Railway Station
12:00 pm Reach Kasara station and take a return train to mumbai
02:00 pm Reach Mumbai and bid adieu with a promise to meet soon
Train Time Table:
We’ll be boarding the below train from nearest local station. Train timings are shared below for convenience:
Please board the below train and meet us at Kasara Railway Station near the Ticket counter
- 08:50 CSMT
- 08:58 Byculla
- 09:05 Dadar
- 09:12 Kurla
- 09:16 Ghatkopar
- 09:28 Mulund
- 09:32 Thane
- 09:54 Dombivali
- 09:52 Kalyan
- 11:05 Kasara
Tour Type: This is a group trek (cost valid on a minimum of 15 participants)
Things to Carry:
- ID Card
- 2 liters water. Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder. Snacks & Biscuits
- Extra Pair of Clothes. Clean napkin or small towel. Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Torch with Extra Batteries
- Please carry medicines if you need any
- Hand Sanitizer
- If cancellation is done 10 days or more before the start of the trek: 75% will be refunded of the total trip cost.
- If cancellation is done 7-9 days prior to the start of the trek: 50% will be refunded of the total trip cost.
- If the cancellation is done 0-6 days before the start of the trek: No refund.
- No show: No refund.
Avoid wearing precious Jewellery while trekking, as Team TT, won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without a refund.
Fitness & Health – Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands a good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over-the-counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
- Add a little excitement to your weekend with a night trek to Harihar Fort.
- Climb up to an elevation of 3,600 feet and scale the Harihar Fort.
- Night Trek full of adventure.
- Amazing view from the top of the fort.
- Catch spectacular morning views of the mountains and forests of Western Ghats.
What is included in the tour
- Travel arrangements from Kasara-Kasara in private shared vehicles
- Meal package consisting of breakfast and lunch
- Services of an experienced trekking guide
- Basic first aid kit
- All applicable taxes
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel cost from Mumbai to Kasara and back.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, road blocks etc.
- Personal expenses such as tips to staff, additional meals or beverages etc.
- Adventure travel or medical insurance
- Anything not mentioned in inclusions