Harishchandragad is called Trekkers Paradise. The fort is quite ancient, considered to be from the medieval period. The various Puranas (ancient scriptures) like Matsyapurana, Agni Purana, and Skanda Purana includes many references for Harishchandragad. The Great sage Changdev (creator of the epic Tatvasaar) used to meditate on Taramati/Rohidas in the 14th century. The caves are also from the same period. Harishchandragad was captured by the Marathas in 1747 from the Moguls.
Day 1: Saturday
08:30 pm Meet the team at SGNP Main Gate Borivali East
09:00 pm Pick up from Pritam Da Dhaba/Kotak ATM, Dadar (E)
10:45 pm Pick up from Teen Haath Naka, Thane
Day 2: Sunday
03:00 am Reach Base Village, Introduction and Start Trek
05:00 am Reach the top and rest
07:00 am Good Morning… Explore Konkan Kada
08:00 am Breakfast in the open arena of Konkankada
09:00 am Start descend
11:30 am Reach Pachnai and freshen up
12.00 pm Hog on yummy lunch
01:30 pm Start travel for Mumbai
06.00 pm Reach Mumbai (Depends upon the traffic)
Tour Type: This is a group trek (cost valid on minimum 15 participants)
Things to Carry
- ID Card
- 2 liters water. Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder. Snacks & Biscuits
- Extra Pair of Clothes. Clean napkin or small towel. Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Torch with Extra Batteries
- Please carry medicines if you need any
- Hand Sanitizer
- If cancellation is done 10 days or more before the start of the trek: 75% will be refunded of the total trip cost.
- If cancellation is done 7-9 days prior to the start of the trek: 50% will be refunded of the total trip cost.
- If the cancellation is done 0-6 days before the start of the trek: No refund.
- No show: No refund.
Avoid wearing precious Jewellery while trekking, as Team TT won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without a refund.
Fitness & Health – Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands a good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
- Panoramic view of other peaks from top
- Reaching the top via ladder route
- Know the story behind Kalsubai
- Highly enthusiastic and energetic trek
What is included in the tour
- Private bus transport from Mumbai to Pachnai and back
- Meals: Morning Breakfast and Lunch
- Services of an experienced trek leader
- First aid kit
- All applicable taxes
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any personal expenses such as extra meals, tips, beverages, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as roadblocks, bad weather, etc.
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions