Famous for its easily identifiable pinnacle, Irshalgad is the sister fort of Prabalgad located near Panvel, along with other well-known forts that came under Shivaji Maharaj's reign. Once you reach the top, Irshalgad trek is a great way of enjoying the view of entire cluster of these forts. A trek near Mumbai is how you can spend a memorable weekend with friends. It is also accessible for people looking for trekking near Pune because of its convenient location.
Visible from the Mumbai-Pune old highway, the pinnacle of Irshalgad has attracted all sorts of trekkers all these years. The villagers near the fort offer warm hospitality and guidance to whoever wishes to explore the historic place. While the fort is not as huge as its fellow structures on neighbouring hills, it does add significance in terms of height. The climb to Irshalgad is a moderate one, although it promises magnificent view from the top.
04:30 am : Meet us at Borivali, SGNP main gate
04:40 am : Bus Starts for Irshalgad, Pickup on the way
05:45 am: Pickup from Pritam Hotel, Dadar (E)
06:15 am: Pick up from Bhandup pumping.
06:30 am: Pick up from Sec 17, Vashi (below the flyover)
06:45 am: Pick up from Hotel 3 star, Kharghar
08:30 am: Reach base village and have breakfast
09:30 am: Start the trek
11:00 am: Reach the top and explore the fort
12:00 pm: Start descend
01:30 pm: Reach base village and have lunch
03:00 pm: Start return journey
06:00 pm: Reach Mumbai (Depends upon the Traffic)
- Enjoy the thrill of this trek
- Take in the panoramic view of Sahyadris
- View of Prabalgad, Matheran, Manikgad, Karnala, Morbe dam from top
- Find old rock-cut cisterns and a natural hole Nedhe on top
- Indulge in local cuisine
What is included in the tour
- Travel arrangements from Mumbai-Mumbai in private shared vehicles
- Meal package consisting of breakfast and lunch
- Services of an experienced trekking guide
- Basic first aid kit
- All applicable taxes
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, roadblocks etc.
- Personal expenses such as tips to staff, additional meals or beverages etc.
- Adventure travel or medical insurance
- Anything not mentioned in inclusions