Kaas Plateau also known as the "Kaas Pathar" is situated in the Western Ghat’s Sahyadri range, 22 km from Satara city in the state of Maharashtra, India. The name Kaas originates from Kaasa tree. As the leaves of this tree mature, they turn from green to red.
During the flowering season from mid –August to October, almost every inch of the plateau is bedecked with flowers of various colors and sizes. In fact, recently, Kaas plateau has been declared as a “Biodiversity World Heritage Site” by The United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) due to the floral diversity found here.
Kaas Lake, which is surrounded by a dense forest, lies between Sajjangad fort and the Kanher Dam. Kaas plateau has more than 850 different species of flowers and other plants including Orchids, Karvy and even carnivorous plants such as Drosera Indica.
09:15 pm Meet the Team at Vile Parle Hanuman Road Bus Stop.
09:30 pm Departure from Andheri
10:00 pm Pickup from Sion Mcd, Sion
10:15 pm Pickup from K Star Mall, Chembur
11:00 pm Pickup from Hotel 3 Star, Kharghar
06:00 am Reach Kaas Plateau
06:30 am Breakfast & Introduction
07:00 am Start the tour of Kaas, explore the area, enjoy clicking
11:00 am Move towards Kaas Lake
03:00 pm Start our return journey post-lunch
10:00 pm Reach Mumbai
Tour Type: This is a group trek (cost valid on a minimum of 15 participants)
Things to Carry
- ID Card
- 2 litres of water. Energy Powder or Glucon D powder. Snacks & Biscuits
- Extra Pair of Clothes. Clean napkin or small towel. Cap, sunglasses, scarf and torch
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet.
- Double pack your valuables/phones in plastic bags.
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet.
- Please carry medicines if you need any
- Hand Sanitizer and mask
- If cancellation is done 10 days or more before the start of the trek: 75% will be refunded of the total trip cost.
- If cancellation is done 7-9 days prior to the start of the trek: 50% will be refunded of the total trip cost.
- If the cancellation is done 0-6 days before the start of the trek: No refund.
- No show: No refund.
Avoid wearing precious Jewellery while trekking, as Team TT, won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without a refund.
Fitness & Health – Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands a good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
- History of KAAS plateau
- Know about Carnivorous Plants
- Ecology of Kaas and how it is changing
- Flora and fauna around KAAS plateau
- How we can protect it?
What is included in the tour
- Transport by Private Non AC Bus from Andheri - Andheri
- Food: Breakfast, Lunch (Veg/Non Veg) & Evening tea
- Kaas Plateau Entry Charges
- Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Camera Charges
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusions