Kalavantin Durg was used as a watchtower and is located right next to Prabalgad Fort on the old Mumbai Pune route. The beauty of this trek is the amazing rock-cut steps that zig-zag their way up the mountain to take you to the top of the fort. One can get a panoramic view from the top, not to mention the thrill of an exposed climb via the stairs.
04:45 Meet at SGNP main gate.
04:55 Leave for Kalavantindurg trek.
05:15 Meet at Hanuman road bus stop, Vile parle.
05:45 Pick up at Dadar Pritam da dhaba.
06:15 Pick up at Teen hath naka, Thane.
06:40 Pick up at Vashi below the main bridge near Vashi Plaza.
07:20 Pick up at McDonald's, Kalamboli.
08:00 Reach Thakurwadi village.
08:15 Start ascending towards Prabalmachi.
09:45 Reach at Prabalmachi and have a breakfast.
10:30 Start ascending Kalavantin Durg.
11:45 Reach on top and explore.
12:15 Start descending to Prabalmachi.
13:15 Reach Prabalmachi and have lunch.
14:15 Descend to Thakurwadi.
16:00 Reach Thakurwadi and move towards Mumbai.
19:00 Approx. arrival at Mumbai.
Tour Type: This is a group trek (cost valid on a minimum of 15 participants)
Things to Carry
- ID Card
- 2 litres of water. Energy Powder or Glucon D powder. Snacks & Biscuits
- Extra Pair of Clothes. Clean napkin or small towel. Cap, sunglasses, scarf and torch
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet.
- Double pack your valuables/phones in plastic bags.
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet.
- Please carry medicines if you need any
- Hand Sanitizer and mask
- If cancellation is done 10 days or more before the start of the trek: 75% will be refunded of the total trip cost.
- If cancellation is done 7-9 days prior to the start of the trek: 50% will be refunded of the total trip cost.
- If the cancellation is done 0-6 days before the start of the trek: No refund.
- No show: No refund.
Avoid wearing precious Jewellery while trekking, as Team TT, won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without a refund.
Fitness & Health – Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands a good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
- Explore the one of the steepest pinnacle
- Thrilling Trek
- Beautiful landscapes
- Steep rock cut stairs
What is included in the tour
- Travel arrangements from Mumbai-Mumbai in private shared vehicles
- Meal package consisting of breakfast and lunch
- Services of an experienced trekking guide
- Basic first aid kit
- All applicable taxes
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, roadblocks etc.
- Personal expenses such as tips to staff, additional meals or beverages etc.
- Adventure travel or medical insurance
- Anything not mentioned in inclusions