One of the most popular winter treks in Uttarakhand, Kedarkantha Trek is a trekker’s delight and rookie’s rite of passage due to its relative ease. Covered in sparkling snow during winters, this trek offers breathtaking view of the majestic Himalayan peaks. It also offers trekkers a unique opportunity to experience the life in the remotest of villages in dead winter! Kedarkantha trek gives you the unsurpassed beauty, magnificent views of charming villages, meadows, snow paths, dramatic landscape dotted with lovely lakes, mountains, tranquil rivers and the great Himalayan peaks. The Kedarkantha trek also provides a great opportunity to view the scenic beauty and feel the experience of the life of remote villages of Uttarakhand Himalayas.
Day 1: Drive from Dehradun to Sankri (6,450 ft, 8 hrs)
We will arrange the transport and they will meet you at Dehradun railway station to pick you for a long but scenic drive Sankri via Mussoorie, Purola, Mori, Netwar along the Tons River. On arrival, set out camp for overnight stay.
Day 2: Trek from Sankri to Juda Ka Talab (9,000 ft, 4 hrs)
After morning exercise we will have our breakfast and start the trek around 8 AM for our next camp Juda Ka Talab. We will camp beside the small pond surrounded by Pine and Oak trees. One can have beautiful views of snow-clad peaks from Juda Ka Talab campsite.
Day 3: Trek from Juda Ka Talab to Kedarkantha Base (10,600 ft, 4 hrs)
Get up early in the morning to see the golden glow of snow-clad peaks. Post breakfast starts the trek to Kedarkantha Peak base which takes around 4 hrs to reach Kedarkantha Peak base. Enjoy a hot lunch and explore the area.
Day 4: Trek from Kedarkantha Base to Kedarkantha Peak and back to Kedarkantha Base (12,500 ft, 7-8 hrs)
Today is a long day trek up to the summit of Kedarkantha peak, have your lunch with amazing views of snow-clad peaks of Yamunotri and Gangotri ranges. After spending some quality time at the peak we trek back to the nearby camping site at the Kedarkantha Base.
Day 5: Trek from Kedarkantha Base to Sankri (4-5 hrs)
Trek down from Kedarkantha Base to Sankri via Hargaon on the well-marked trail by stones. Trek down through the thick forest of Pine and Maple trees and at some places you will have open views of beautiful Har Ki Dun valley.
Day 6: Sankri – Dehradun Drive back
Drive back from Sankri to Dehradun will take around 10 hours which is around 200km
Things to Carry
- ID Card
- Shirts / T-shirts – 2/3, Warm shirt/light micro fleece pullover/full sleeve T shirt
- Trekking Pants that are water resistant/repellent and having inside lining for extra warmth- 2
- Windproof/water resistant outer shell (jacket) of good quality with a proper hood
- Down jacket with min 600 fill power rating, Thick Fleece / Full-sleeve Woollen sweater
- Thermal inner wear (upper and lower)
- Woollen cap, Inner fleece gloves, Outer water proof gloves
- Thick woollen socks and regular socks (4 – 5 pairs), Scarf/muffler (optional)
- Comfortable waterproof Trekking/Hiking shoes that come with a thick sole and high ankles
- Camp shoes such as sneakers/sport shoes
- Raincoat / Poncho
- Small light weight towel
- Insulated water bottle and hydration pack (optional)
- Cap / floppy hat to keep the strong sun away from your face, Sun glasses with UV protection and ability to cut the glare (important when traversing through snow)
- Sturdy walking stick / Trekking pole
- Sunscreen Lotion, Lip Balm
- Torch / Flashlight (with extra batteries)
- Medicines, if requiring any specific medication
- Personal toiletries
- Day pack/small bag which you will carry on your back every day and keep your essentials in it
- Carry rain cover for your bags
- Keep a few poly bags or waterproof bags in your bag in which if required you can put your belongings in case of heavy rain
- We would love to host you, but in case you are unable to travel as planned and need to cancel your booking, do not worry. Our simple cancellation process makes sure you receive a quick confirmation and fast refunds.
- Cancellation made before 30 Days – 70% Refund on Package Amount
- Cancellation made within 30 to 15 Days – 50% Refund on Package Amount
- Cancellation made after within 15 Days – No Refund on Package Amount
- Rescheduling dates within the same trek – 20% of trek charges subject to availability
- The applicable refund amount will be credited to you within 30 days after the trek completion date.
Avoid wearing precious Jewellery while trekking, as Team TT won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without a refund.
Fitness & Health – Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands a good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
- Stunning views of panoramic mountains from 12500ft
- Safety measures ensured by professional instructors
- One of the best snow treks in India
What is included in the tour
- All 3 Veg Meals from Dinner at Sankri on Day 1st to Lunch at Sankri on Day 5th
- 03 Nights Tented accommodation on triple sharing basis.
- 01 Night Guest House / Hotel / Homestay accommodation in Sankri on Triple/quad sharing.
- Morning, evening Tea/ Coffee served with light snacks during the trek.
- All necessary fees and permits for Indian residence are included.
- Qualified and experienced Trek Leader and support staff.
- Basic First Aid Medical Kit with Oxygen Cylinder and OxiMeter
- Surface Transfer from Dehradun – Sankri – Dehradun
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any Meals During Transit
- Any expenses of personal nature
- All fees and permit for Non-Indian Residents are excluded
- Porter/mule charges to carry your personal bag.
- Anything not mentioned explicitly in the above program.
- Cost Escalation due to "Force Majeure" and evacuation charges.