This trek to Kothaligad takes you through rich greenery layered on top of the towering mountains of the Western Ghats. As you approach the fort, you'll climb over 510 stairs built to access the fort. From the top of the fort, you'll catch great views of the surrounding forts of Siddhagad, Malanggad and Prabalgad. You'll also explore the old ruins of Kothaligad such as ancient cannons, temples and caves decorated with scriptures and artwork.
Perfect for adventure enthusiasts planning a weekend getaway, this trek takes you on a relatively easy trail that is perfect for fit beginners as well as experienced trekkers.
Day 0 - Saturday
10:45 pm Meet at SGNP main gate.
10:55 pm Leave for Kothaligad trek.
11:15 pm Meet at Hanuman road bus stop, Vileparle.
Day 1 - Sunday
12:00 am Pick up at Pritam da dhaba, Dadar.
01:00 am Pick up at Teen Hath Naka, Thane.
03:30 am Reach base village and freshen up.
04:00 am Start ascending.
07:00 am Reach the top, have breakfast and explore.
08:30 am Start descending.
11:00 am Reach base village and have Lunch.
12:30 pm Return journey towards Mumbai.
Tour Type: This is a group trek (cost valid on a minimum of 15 participants)
Things to Carry
- ID Card
- 2 litres of water. Energy Powder or Glucon D powder. Snacks & Biscuits
- Extra Pair of Clothes. Clean napkin or small towel. Cap, sunglasses, scarf and torch
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet.
- Double pack your valuables/phones in plastic bags.
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet.
- Please carry medicines if you need any
- Hand Sanitizer and mask
- If cancellation is done 10 days or more before the start of the trek: 75% will be refunded of the total trip cost.
- If cancellation is done 7-9 days prior to the start of the trek: 50% will be refunded of the total trip cost.
- If the cancellation is done 0-6 days before the start of the trek: No refund.
- No show: No refund.
Avoid wearing precious Jewellery while trekking, as Team TT, won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without a refund.
Fitness & Health – Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands a good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
- Embark on a trek to Kothaligad over 510 rock-cut stairs.
- Climb up to an elevation of 3,100 feet to reach the pinnacle.
- Go on a relatively easy and fun, weekend trek.
- Explore the old ruins of caves, pillars, cannons and walls.
What is included in the tour
- Travel arrangements from Mumbai-Mumbai in private shared vehicles
- Meal package consisting of breakfast and lunch
- Services of an experienced trekking guide
- Basic first aid kit
- All applicable taxes
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, roadblocks etc.
- Personal expenses such as tips to staff, additional meals or beverages etc.
- Adventure travel or medical insurance
- Anything not mentioned in inclusions