The real beauty of this trek is that, at the start, you warm up your trekking muscles in the picturesque valleys of Kullu and Manali before moving into the more arid, desolate landscape of Lahaul. It shows you the best of Himalayan experiences, from alpine meadows and friendly shepherds to scree-covered slopes that require your complete focus. You’ll end on a high note at your gorgeous campsite alongside Chandra Tal, a lake with cool mountain water that will tempt you to dip your toes in.
This is a backpacking trip, which means you and your gang will need the spirit of adventure. The entire team pitches in to set up campsites, cook food and thrive in the wild. Everyone carries their own bags, so pack light! You’ll come back leaner, tougher and stronger, and with a whole new set of skills.
Day 01: Arrival in Manali, Drive from Manali to Chika (10,100ft) (3km)
The fun and excitement of this amazing Chandratal Lake Trek with Hampta Pass begins with your arrival in Manali. Following your check-in into a local hotel, and after getting freshened up, embark on a local sightseeing tour. Visit some of the local attractions and upon completion of lunch, take a short drive to Chika; en route, visit the sacred Vashist Temple and experience its hot water springs. Upon arrival in Chika, settle down in the basecamp and retire for the night
Day 02: Trek from Chika to BalukaGhera (11,900ft)
5 Hours Trek, Majestic Peaks, Dhauladhar Range
After a wholesome and nourishing breakfast, set on an easy trekking trail that is supremely impressive! Today, you’ll experience the true beauty of the Himalayas as you set eyes for the very first glimpse of towering snow-capped peaks. These are the Dhauladhar ranges, the outer Himalayan chain of mountains. Walk through flowering meadows and valleys that create a delightful picture-perfect scenery for you to revel in. Cross a log bridge; over a fast flowing mountain stream, cautiously to arrive at BalukaGhera, the hibernating grounds for the great Himalayan brown bear followed by overnight stay in camps.
Day 03: Trek from Baluka Gera to Siagoru (12,900ft) crossing Hampta Pass (14,100ft)
8 Hours Trek, Hampta Pass, Kullu Valley, Lahul&Spiti Valley
Starting with an early morning trek, toady you will experience the dynamic landscape that the Great Himalayas hold within its large arms! A perfect learning ground for beginners in trekking, the trail has easy and gradual slopes; on your way, you can also enjoy conversations with the local shepherds and know more about the valley and life in there!
Following these trails, arrive at the spell binding Hampta Valley and experience its enchanting beauty at the best. Continue to cross the Lahaul Valley after leaving Hampta Village to reach Siagoru basecamp; overnight stay in tents.
Day 04: Trek from Siagoru to Chatru (11,000ft), Drive from Chatru to ChandraTal
4 Hours Trek, PirPanjal Ranges, Chandra Tal Lake
Compared to the other days, today will be an easier one! Beginning with the trek (after breakfast), start descending through the Hampta Valley. The magnificent PirPanjal ranges of the inner Himalayan circle appear ahead of you! On the way to Chatru, you will be crossing through the stunning cold desert land of Spiti Valley with a dominating landform of its own.
Arriving in Chatru, relax for a while and adore its scenic beauty. Hereafter, a drive through the magnificent trails and passes of Chatru will take you to Chandra Tal, where you will spend the night in Chandratal Lake camp.
Day 05: Drive from Chandra Tal to Manali.
Chandra Tal Lake, Tour Ends Here
The Chandra Tal Lake will serve as the main attraction for the day! A high altitude moon-shaped lake, it is located at an altitude of 14,100ft and is a delight for the visitors. Exploring and discovering the stunning beauty of the lake, take a drive through Rohtang Pass to reach Manali. With your arrival in Manali, this wonderful Chandratal Lake Trek with Hampta Pass will come to an end.
Tour Type: This is a group trek (cost valid on minimum 15 participants)
Things to Carry
- Torch / Flashlight (with extra batteries)
- Sunscreen lotion
- Lip balm
- Personal toiletries
- Day pack/small bag which you will carry on your back every day
- Small lightweight towel
- Sturdy water bottle
- Carry rain cover for your bags
- Day pack/small bag for everyday essentials
- Keep a few poly bags or waterproof bags in your bag in which if required you can put your belongings in case of heavy rain
- Camera (with fully charged batteries)
- You can save on buying expensive trekking equipment for the trek by hiring the same from our gear store. High quality equipment is provided at reasonable rental/sale and you are assured of clean equipment that has been checked for its efficacy.
- We would love to host you, but in case you are unable to travel as planned and need to cancel your booking, do not worry. Our simple cancellation process makes sure you receive a quick confirmation and fast refunds.
- Cancellation made before 30 Days – 70% Refund
- Cancellation made within 30 to 15 Days – 50% Refund
- Cancellation made after within 15 Days – No Refund
- Rescheduling dates within the same trek – 20% of trek charges subject to availability
- The applicable refund amount will be credited to you within 30 days after trek completion date
Avoid wearing precious Jewellery while trekking, as Team TT won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without a refund.
Fitness & Health – Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands a good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
Kullu and Manali have always been known as some of India’s most stunning landscapes. With lush green valleys, alpine forests, fruit-laden trees, and all-mountain views you could wish for, this section of the trek is a memory on its own. As you cross over into Lahaul however, you’ll find that the strikingly bare environs have a drama of their own. When you come back home, you’re going to have a hard time deciding which part of this trek you loved best!
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation in tents and guesthouse at the base camp on sharing basis.
- Meals while on trek (Veg meals)
- All permits
- First aid/medical kits and oxygen cylinder
- Qualified & experienced trek Leader, Guide and Support staff
What is NOT included in the tour
- GST @ 5.0%
- Air/Train fare
- Anything not mentioned under the head inclusions.
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary / stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, road blocks and / or any factors beyond control.
- The tariff does not include barbecue and activities