The Hampa Pass trek is a perfect combination of the best of Himachal Pradesh: glacial valleys, pine forests, open meadows, limpid waterways and a thrilling adventurous crossing through a high-altitude pass that connects two valleys. In one crossing, you'll move from the greenery of Kullu Valley to the stark valley of Lahaul on the other side. This itinerary gives you a whole day of fun at Chandratal Lake, because you'll be camping a short drive away. With this schedule, you can take in the views and enjoy the lake for longer than most Hampta Pass treks.
Day 01: Report at the Base Camp
The first day is reserved for meet and greet, and orientation, after you reach the base camp the trek leader will take a small orientation session, covering information like packing, walking techniques. You will also be given general information about the trek and the route. Stay overnight at the base camp.
Day 2: Drive from Manali to Jobra then start trek to Chikka ( 3hrs-4hrs)
On the second day, we leave the base camp by 8 am. We will be carrying lunch and breakfast with us. The first leg of the day’s travel would include a jeep drive from base camp to Jobra. On the way, the scenic route will keep you intrigue with maple, pine, walnut and oak trees, making it refreshing and enjoyable. After reaching Jobra we prepare to trek to Chikka, which is also our final destination for the day. It will take approximately 2 hours to reach this place, and it is also an easy stretch, crossing two wooden bridges and a small patch of forest. We reach the campsite at Chikka and prepare for our stay overnight.
Day 03: Chikka to Balu ka Ghera (5 hrs)
Today we will trek from Chikka to Balu ka Ghera, which will take about 4 -5 hours to complete. Balu ka Ghera is situated at 11,900 feet approximately. The initial stretch for the day would take you through rocky banks of the river. Soon snow valleys would come in view making the trekking experience more exciting. You will pass streams and boulders, and finally get to Balu ka Ghera, which is a large, lush ground on the banks of the river. Camping here will be like a dream come true! Your overnight stay will be at the camps at Balu ka Ghera.
Day 04: Balu ka Ghera Hampta Pass and further to Shia Ghoru (8hrs)
On day 4 of the Hampta Pass Trek with Chandratal, we would aim at leaving the campsite by 7 AM as the trek ahead is long and somewhat tedious. We will go from Balu ka Ghera to Shia Ghoru, which is at 12,900 feet. It will take approximately 4-5 hours to reach Hampta Pass top (14,000 feet), and from there another couple of hours to descend to Shia Ghoru. This would be a steep descend and post reaching Shia Ghoru, prepare for an overnight stay at the camp.
Day 5: Siaguru to Chatru drive to Chandratal (2-hrs-3hrs)
On this day we will head towards Chatru and this is the place that will offer us the most breathtaking and unforgettable views of the valleys of Lahaul and Spiti. The Spiti and Pir Panjal Ranges will add to the grandeur and magic of the place. Chatru is the centre point for three locations namely Hampta Pass, Rohtang Pass and Spiti Valley. This stretch of the trek would then be followed by a jeep ride to Chandratal, which is believed to be the place from where Yudhishthira, the eldest Pandava, ascended to heavens. If weather conditions are suitable, you will camp at Chatru.
Day 06: Jeep Ride from Chatru to Base Camp (Departure after 4 PM from base camp)
Last day of this adventurous trip would begin early as we will be covering a lot today. We will aim at leaving Chatru by 7 AM after having breakfast. Our first stop would be Manali, which we will reach by lunchtime, after crossing the stunning Rohtang Pass. After having lunch at Manali, we will then leave for Base Camp and depart from there for our respective destinations.
Tour Type: This is a group trek (cost valid on minimum 15 participants)
Things to Carry
- Torch / Flashlight (with extra batteries)
- Sunscreen lotion
- Lip balm
- Personal toiletries
- Day pack/small bag which you will carry on your back every day
- Small lightweight towel
- Sturdy water bottle
- Carry rain cover for your bags
- Day pack/small bag for everyday essentials
- Keep a few poly bags or waterproof bags in your bag in which if required you can put your belongings in case of heavy rain
- Camera (with fully charged batteries)
- You can save on buying expensive trekking equipment for the trek by hiring the same from our gear store. High quality equipment is provided at reasonable rental/sale and you are assured of clean equipment that has been checked for its efficacy.
- We would love to host you, but in case you are unable to travel as planned and need to cancel your booking, do not worry. Our simple cancellation process makes sure you receive a quick confirmation and fast refunds.
- Cancellation made before 30 Days – 70% Refund
- Cancellation made within 30 to 15 Days – 50% Refund
- Cancellation made after within 15 Days – No Refund
- Rescheduling dates within the same trek – 20% of trek charges subject to availability
- The applicable refund amount will be credited to you within 30 days after trek completion date
Avoid wearing precious Jewellery while trekking, as Team TT won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without a refund.
Fitness & Health – Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands a good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
- Mesmerizing Chandertal Lake
- Brilliant landscape
- Trek via Hampta Pass
- Amazing sites for camping
- Verdant valleys and forests
What is included in the tour
- Tented stay on sharing basis
- Sleeping bag and Sleeping mat
- Camping equipment and support staff
- Forest permits
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks, Dinner) during the trek, starting from Lunch on Day 1 till breakfast on Day 5.
What is NOT included in the tour
- To and Fro to the Base Camp Manali.
- Potter for personal luggage. Potters can be arranged at extra cost
- No airfare or transportation or extra over and above the expedition plan.
- No travel insurance.
- Any expenses towards medical exigencies and other emergencies
- Unforeseen handling costs due to weather disturbance, landslides, political unrest.
- Personal expenses towards tips, telephone calls, laundry, beverages etc.
- However, all best possible assistance would be provided in case of exigencies.