Known as the Valley of Shadows because the light of the sun doesn't reach most areas of the 200-foot deep canyon, the Sandhan Valley trek is one of the most unique treks you can do around Maharashtra. The trail takes you all the way down into the valley, to ledges that you'll have to rappel over, and down tricky rock-covered patches that you'll need to negotiate carefully. At the bottom, there are clear pools that you can swim in, and camping here is a thrilling experience.
08:45 pm: Meet the team at SGNP Main Gate Borivali East
09.15 pm: Andheri Bisleri Factory
09:45pm: Kotak Mahindra ATM, Dadar (East)
10:30 pm: Pickup from Teen Hath Naka Junction, Thane
05:00 am: Reach base village - Samrad, freshen up
05:30 am: Have a quick refreshing breakfast and introduction round along with rules and start the trek
06:00 am: Start trekking towards Sandhan valley for Rappelling
07:30 am: Thrilling rappelling experience in the valley of shadows
09:30 am: Enjoy trekking, at a 4 ft deep water patch approx. 30 m length, descending on the rock patches. All this only adds to the thrill of the whole exploration.
01:00 pm: Reach base village, change and have lunch
01:45 pm: Start return journey.
07:30 pm: Reach Mumbai (Depends on the traffic)
Tour Type: This is a group trek (cost valid on minimum of 15 participants)
Things to Carry:
- ID Card
- 2 litres water. Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder. Snacks & Biscuits
- Extra Pair of Clothes. Clean napkin or small towel. Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Torch with Extra Batteries
- Please carry medicines if you need any
- Hand Sanitizer
- If cancellation is done 10 days or more before the start of the trek: 75% will be refunded of the total trip cost.
- If cancellation is done 7-9 days prior to the start of the trek: 50% will be refunded of the total trip cost.
- If the cancellation is done 0-6 days before the start of the trek: No refund .
- No show: No refund.
Avoid wearing precious Jewellery while trekking, as Team TT won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
Fitness & Health – Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands a good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over-the-counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
- Trek through the rock-corridors of a mystical rock canyon
- Fully shadowed trek! Say bye to sun rays!
- Rappel down a 120 feet gorge
- Enjoy the ease of a descending trek
What is included in the tour
- Transportation from Mumbai to Mumbai by non-A/C private bus.
- Breakfast and Lunch
- Rappelling charges
- Professional expertise, guide and organizer charges. Certified technical assistance
- Safety and first-aid
- All applicable taxes
What is NOT included in the tour
- Meals during transit
- Personal expenses such as extra meals, packaged water, soft drinks, etc.
- Any cost arising due to delays, roadblocks, landslides, etc.
- Anything not specifically mentioned in the inclusions