Known as the Valley of Shadows because the light of the sun doesn't reach most areas of the 200-foot deep canyon, the Sandhan Valley trek is one of the most unique treks you can do around Maharashtra. The trail takes you all the way down into the valley, to ledges that you'll have to rappel over, and down tricky rock-covered patches that you'll need to negotiate carefully. At the bottom, there are clear pools that you can swim in, and camping here is a thrilling experience.
03:15 am: Meet the team at Kasara Railway station ticket counter and proceed to base village.
05.30 pm: Reach base village - Samrad, freshen up
06:30 pm: Gear up, pack your bags and start your trek towards Ratangad,
07:30 am: Thrilling rappelling experience in the valley of shadows
09:30 am: Enjoy trekking, at a 4 ft deep water patch approx. 30 m length, descending on the rock patches. All this only adds to the thrill of the whole exploration.
01:30 pm: Come back to the base village, change and have lunch
02:00 pm: Start your journey towards Kasara railway station
04:30 pm: Reach Kasara Railway station, bringing the experience to an end.
Train Time Table:
12:15 am: CSMT
12:23 am: Byculla
12:33 am: Dadar
12:43 am: Kurla
12:49 am: Ghatkopar
01:05 am: Mulund
01:09 am: Thane
01:32 am: Dombivili
01:43 am: Kalyan
01:56 am: Titwala
02:16 am: Asangaon
03:00 am: Kasara
Tour Type: This is a group trek (cost valid on a minimum of 15 participants)
Things to Carry:
- ID Card
- 2 liters water. Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder. Snacks & Biscuits
- Extra Pair of Clothes. Clean napkin or small towel. Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Torch with Extra Batteries
- Please carry medicines if you need any
- Hand Sanitizer
- If cancellation is done 10 days or more before the start of the trek: 75% will be refunded of the total trip cost.
- If cancellation is done 7-9 days prior to the start of the trek: 50% will be refunded of the total trip cost.
- If the cancellation is done 0-6 days before the start of the trek: No refund.
- No show: No refund.
Avoid wearing precious Jewellery while trekking, as Team TT, won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without a refund.
Fitness & Health – Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands a good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over-the-counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
- Trek through the rock-corridors of a mystical rock canyon
- Fully shadowed trek! Say bye to sun rays!
- Rappel down a 120 feet gorge
- Enjoy the ease of a descending trek
What is included in the tour
- Breakfast and Lunch
- Rappelling charges
- Professional expertise, guide, and organizer charges. Certified technical assistance
- Safety and first-aid
- All applicable taxes
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel cost from Mumbai to Kasara and back.
- Meals during transit
- Personal expenses such as extra meals, packaged water, soft drinks, etc.
- Any cost arising due to delays, roadblocks, landslides, etc.
- Anything not specifically mentioned in the inclusions