Naneghat is a mountain pass situated at an elevation of 2600 feet. The trek is famous for its ancient pass it connects the Konkan Coast and Junnar town. Naneghat is a mountain pass in the Western Ghats range near Junnar in Pune district of Maharashtra. While going through Malshej Ghat, we can easily get a glimpse of Naneghat after Murbad. Nane means "coin" and ghat means "pass". As this path was used as a toll booth to collect toll from traders crossing the hills. From the inscriptions in the caves indicate that Satavahana dynasty ruled here and also the Mauryan Empire. We can approach Naneghat via Vaishakhare or via Dahndya.
Day 00: Pickups and overnight travel
- 10:30 pm: Meet our team member near McDonald's, Sion West.
- 10:50 pm: Pickup from Kalanagar, Bandra.
- 11.10 pm: Pickup from Hanuman Road Bus Stop, Vile Parle.
- 12.00 am: Pickup from SGNP Main Gate, Borivali.
- 12:40 am: Pickup from Tiranga, Thane.
- 06:30 am: Reach Base Village and Fresh up and have breakfast
- 07:30 am: Commencement of the trek after briefing and a short introduction
- 10:00 am: Reach Caves and explore the plateau
- 10:30 pm: Reach Nana ch Aangatha
- 11:30 pm: Reach Reverse waterfall and enjoy the pleasant climate with a majestic view of Jivdhan fort
- 01:00 pm: Start descending towards Ghatghar village
- 02:30 pm: Reach base village and have Lunch
- 03:30 pm: Start return journey
- 09:00 pm: Reach Mumbai tentatively
Tour Type: This is a group trek (cost valid on a minimum of 15 participants)
Things to Carry
- ID Card
- 2 litres of water. Energy Powder or Glucon D powder. Snacks & Biscuits
- Extra Pair of Clothes. Clean napkin or small towel. Cap, sunglasses, scarf, and torch
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet.
- Double pack your valuables/phones in plastic bags.
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet.
- Please carry medicines if you need any
- Hand Sanitizer and mask
- If cancellation is done 10 days or more before the start of the trek: 75% will be refunded of the total trip cost.
- If cancellation is done 7-9 days prior to the start of the trek: 50% will be refunded of the total trip cost.
- If the cancellation is done 0-6 days before the start of the trek: No refund.
- No show: No refund.
Avoid wearing precious Jewellery while trekking, as Team TT, won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without a refund.
Fitness & Health – Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands a good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over-the-counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
- Panoramic views of Jivdhan and Dhakoba
- Explore the carvings and inscriptions of the Naneghat caves.
- Stone inscriptions
- Unique Reverse Waterfall
What is included in the tour
- Travel arrangements from Mumbai-Mumbai in private shared vehicles
- Meal package consisting of breakfast and lunch
- Services of an experienced trekking guide
- Basic first aid kit
- All applicable taxes
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, roadblocks etc.
- Personal expenses such as tips to staff, additional meals or beverages etc.
- Adventure travel or medical insurance
- Anything not mentioned in inclusions