Prabalgad or Muranjan fort fort is easily visible while travelling through the Mumbai-Pune Expressway. To its east is Ulhas river, Gadi river to the west, Patalganga river and Manikgad fort to its South, Karnala fort to its North west and Irshalgad nearby. The Kalavantin pinnacle which stands next to it gives a “V” shaped valley. From the sunset point of Matheran sunset can be seen at this very V spot. Primarily Prabalgad was the choice of the British to develop as a hill station but due to the absence of water Matheran got the honour.
- 04:45 Meet at SGNP main gate.
- 04:55 Leave for Prabalgad trek.
- 05:15 Meet at Hanuman road bus stop, Vile parle.
- 05:45 Pick up at Dadar, Pritam da dhaba.
- 06:10 Pick up at Bhandup Pumping.
- 06:25 Pick up at Vashi below the main bridge near Vashi Plaza.
- 06:45 Pick up at McDonald's, Kalamboli.
- 07:45 Reach Thakurwadi village.
- 08:00 Start ascending towards Prabalmachi.
- 09:45 Reach at Prabalmachi and have a breakfast.
- 10:30 Start ascending Prabalgad.
- 11:30 Reach on top and explore.
- 12:30 Start descending to Prabalmachi.
- 13:30 Reach Prabalmachi and have lunch.
- 14:45 Descend to Thakurwadi.
- 16:00 Reach Thakurwadi and move towards Mumbai.
- 19:00 Approx. arrival at Mumbai.
Tour Type: This is a group trek (cost valid on a minimum of 15 participants)
Things to Carry
- ID Card
- 2 litres of water. Energy Powder or Glucon D powder. Snacks & Biscuits
- Extra Pair of Clothes. Clean napkin or small towel. Cap, sunglasses, scarf and torch
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet.
- Double pack your valuables/phones in plastic bags.
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet.
- Please carry medicines if you need any
- Hand Sanitizer and mask
- If cancellation is done 10 days or more before the start of the trek: 75% will be refunded of the total trip cost.
- If cancellation is done 7-9 days prior to the start of the trek: 50% will be refunded of the total trip cost.
- If the cancellation is done 0-6 days before the start of the trek: No refund.
- No show: No refund.
Avoid wearing precious Jewellery while trekking, as Team TT, won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without a refund.
Fitness & Health – Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands a good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
- Bird's eye view of Kalavantin Peak
- Amazing view of Matheran Range
- Mesmerizing landscape.
What is included in the tour
- Travel arrangements from Mumbai-Mumbai in private shared vehicles
- Meal package consisting of breakfast and lunch
- Services of an experienced trekking guide
- Basic first aid kit
- All applicable taxes
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, roadblocks etc.
- Personal expenses such as tips to staff, additional meals or beverages etc.
- Adventure travel or medical insurance
- Anything not mentioned in inclusions