Prashar Lake is located in Mandi District of HP at an altitude of 2730 mtr (9000 feet). Holy Lake is known for three story Pagoda style Temple of Prashar Rishi and its floating island. Lake is Surrounded by green Meadows & around the meadows are dense alpine forest. Lake also offers Panoramic view of snow clad ranges of Dhauladhar, Pir Panjal and Great Himalayas. Water of the lake is clear and you can spot fishes inside, on a clear day lake appears blue when seen from the surrounding hillocks. Prashar Lake has a perimeter of around 300 meters and a walk around the lake gives a mystical experience of calmness of the surrounding.
A visit to Prashar is a perfect mix of spiritual journey and exploring into the serene Himalayan Ranges. Other attractions for Visitors around Prashar Lake area are Sukha-sar, Aadi Brahma Temple & Tunga Mata Temple, you probably will need couple of additional days to cover all of these. There are two hillocks on east and west side of the lake offering perfect bird eye view of the lake for photography & selfies. Views of North are quite open but to get the views of Great Himalayan National park and its peaks you have to climb one of the hills and look towards the east.
Day 1 – Arrival at Mandi(26 km by road and 9 km Trek from Baggi)
Reach Mandi and then at around 10 am you will be driven for around 26km to the scenic Baggi village; arriving in the village, enjoy packed lunch, and get energized. Post this, begin with the trek to Prashar Lake. Ascend and descend through the easy, yet captivating trails for around 4-5 hours till you reach the lakeside. Once beside the lake, settle down in the camps and enjoy the evening with an engrossing campfire followed by snacks, dinner, and overnight stay.
Day 2: Sightseeing in Prashar Lake| Departure from Mandi
After a delicious breakfast, you will have the opportunity to explore the immaculate surroundings and the stunning landscapes of the Prashar Lake on a guided tour. Visit a nearby temple and start descending towards Baggi; be careful while trekking downwards as the trails might be slippery! Arriving in Baggi, take a drive to Mandi at around 3 pm and will depart to your respective destination.
Things to Carry
- Toilet paper & wipes
- Back pack (50-60l)
- Water bottle
- Fleece jackets and thermals
- Hiking shoes
- Woollen cap, socks, mittens & scarf
- If cancellation is done 10 days or more before the start of the trek: 75% will be refunded of the total trip cost.
- If cancellation is done 7-9 days prior to the start of the trek: 50% will be refunded of the total trip cost.
- If the cancellation is done 0-6 days before the start of the trek: No refund .
- No show: No refund.
Avoid wearing precious Jewellery while trekking, as Team TT won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
Fitness & Health – Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
- Visit the pagoda-styled Rishi Prashar Temple that caters the outstanding architectural brilliance
- Stay in the camps near the lake while admiring the beautiful vistas of mighty mountains
- Indulge in the fun chit-chat session with your squad during bonfire beneath the sky full of stars
- Trek through some of the most astonishing trails covered in pine trees & several streams
- Admire the beauty of Prashar lake which is located at 2,730 m. above sea level
What is included in the tour
5 Meals (2 Breakfast + 2 Lunch + 1 Dinner + Tea) all Veg
• Transit Room on the day of arrival in Panarsa for freshen-up
• Clock Room to leave any extra stuff at Panarsa
• Shared Cabs from Panarsa >> Jwalapur >> Panarsa
• Stay at Prashar Lake (Camping / HomeStay / GuestHouse)
• Gear (Sticks + SnowGaiters + DayBags + Tent + Sleeping Bag + Matts + Lights)
• Certified Guide + Support Staff + Safety Equipment
What is NOT included in the tour
Volvo Travel from Delhi >> Panarsa >> Delhi
• Non-veg and Wines
• Porter if needed & hired
• Any Extra meals or Snacks or juice or water that you purchase
• Anything which is not part of inclusion
• Cost Escalation due to "Force Majeure" and evacuation charges