Ratangad is a fort in Ratan Wadi, overlooking the locale of Bhandardara. The fort is about 400 years old and often covered with flowering plants in November. Ratangad is also called Jewel of the Sahyadris. Also, Sandhan valley, "The Great Canyon" in the Sahyadri ranges which is the combination of a canyon and a valley, located near the famous fort Ratangad. Sandhan valley is undoubtedly The Valley of Shadows. All the TT trekkers will experience the scenic views from Ratangad fort which is 4255 ft above sea level. Whereas the Sandhan Valley trail takes you all the way down into the valley, to ledges that you'll have to rappel over, and down tricky rock-covered patches that you'll need to negotiate carefully. At the bottom, there are clear pools that you can swim in.
Day 1: The Jewel of Forts Exploration
07:00 am: Pick up at Borivali East SGNP.
07:45 am: Pick up at Pritam Hotel Near Flyover Dadar East
08.15 am: Pick up at Chembur
08:45 am: Pick up at Teen Hath Naka, Thane.
02.30 pm: We reach Base Village, from where you can get a glimpse of Ratangad.
02:45 pm: Get refresh yourself & grab a quick lunch.
03:30 pm: Gear up, pack your bags and start your trek towards Ratangad.
06:00 pm: We reach the top & you will get a beautiful view best views of surrounding peaks and Bhandardhara dam. Experience the colossal cliffs unfolding in front of your eyes, one behind the other as you walk on the edge of the fort.
08:00 pm: Prepare for a night under the sky, play a few games, share stories (especially ghost stories), make new friends, and enjoy the campfire.
10:00 pm: Have delicious local cuisine for dinner & enjoy the bonfire.
11:30 pm: Off to the tents for sound sleep (For those who are very sleepy day ends)
Day 2: Asia’s Second Largest Valley
05:00 am: Wake up call, get refreshed yourself.
05:30 am: Descend towards Samrad, to dive into the second largest valley of Asia.
07:00 am: Reach base village and grab a quick refreshing breakfast.
7:30 am: Start trekking towards Sandhan valley for Rappelling
Enjoy trekking, at a 4 ft deep water patch approx. 30 m length, descending on the rock patches, rappelling 50 ft. down on a rock patch, etc. All this only adds to the thrill of the whole exploration.
01:30 pm: Come back to the base village, change and have lunch
02:00 pm: Start your journey towards Kasara railway station
04:30 pm: Reach Kasara Railway station, bringing the experience to an end.
Tour Type: This is a group trek (cost valid on minimum of 15 participants)
Things to Carry:
- ID Card
- 2 liters of water. Energy Powder or Glucon D powder. Snacks & Biscuits
- Extra Pair of Clothes. Clean napkin or small towel. Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Torch with Extra Batteries
- Please carry medicines if you need any
- Hand Sanitizer
- If cancellation is done 10 days or more before the start of the trek: 75% will be refunded of the total trip cost.
- If cancellation is done 7-9 days prior to the start of the trek: 50% will be refunded of the total trip cost.
- If the cancellation is done 0-6 days before the start of the trek: No refund.
- No show: No refund.
Avoid wearing precious Jewellery while trekking, as Team TT, won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without a refund.
Fitness & Health – Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands a good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over-the-counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
- Panoramic view of other peaks from the top
- Know the story behind Ratangad
- Highly enthusiastic and energetic trek.
- Trek through the rock-corridors of a mystical rock canyon
- Fully shadowed trek! Say bye to sun rays!
- Rappel down a 120 feet gorge
- Enjoy the ease of a descending trek
What is included in the tour
- Transportation from Mumbai - Mumbai (Pvt Non AC Bus)
- Tent stay on triple/quad sharing basis.
- Meals as mentioned below -
- Day 1 - 1 veg Lunch, 1 evening tea, 1 veg dinner
- Day 2 - 1 breakfast, 1 veg lunch
- Trekking and rappelling charges.
- First Aid / Medical kit
- Forest entry charges, permits & camping fee (if any)
- First aid kit (our guides are certified in handling first aid situations)
- All applicable taxes.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Meals during transit
- Personal expenses such as extra meals, packaged water, soft drinks, etc.
- Any cost arising due to delays, roadblocks, landslides, etc.
- Anything not specifically mentioned in the inclusions