Ratan means Jewel in Hindi. This hill fort is indeed jewel in all the hill forts here in Sahyadri. It is located in the district of Ahmednagar and is located about 4255 feet above sea level. It lies in the Ajoba mountain range surrounded by great mountains of Kulang, Alang, Kalsubai, Katarabai, Ajoba and Ghanchakkar. Geographically Ratangad is at the banks of Bhandardara lake of Ahmednagar district. With views of lake and highest mountains in Sahyadris looks very much lost in time. At the base of this fort is ancient Lord Shiva (Amruteshwar) temple. About 1000 years old temple of Lord Shiva, the Amruteshwar Temple at Ratanwadi, is an absolute paragon of high class architecture of our ancestors.
Day 0 - Saturday night
21:30 Meet us at SGNP main gate, Borivali.
21:45 Start journey towards Ratangad.
22:15 Pick up at Andheri Bisleri.
22:50 Pick up at Dadar Pritam Da Dhaba.
23:45 Pick up at Teen Hath Naka, Thane.
Day 1 - Sunday
05:30 Reach base village.
06:30 Breakfast at the base village.
07:00 Start ascending.
10:00 Reach top. Explore the fort .
13:00 Start descending.
16:00 Reach base village and have lunch.
17:00 Start return journey.
23:00 Approx. arrival at Mumbai.
Tour Type: This is a group trek (cost valid on a minimum of 15 participants)
Things to Carry
- ID Card
- 2 litres of water. Energy Powder or Glucon D powder. Snacks & Biscuits
- Extra Pair of Clothes. Clean napkin or small towel. Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet.
- Double pack your valuables/phones in plastic bags.
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet.
- Please carry medicines if you need any
- Hand Sanitizer
- If cancellation is done 10 days or more before the start of the trek: 75% will be refunded of the total trip cost.
- If cancellation is done 7-9 days prior to the start of the trek: 50% will be refunded of the total trip cost.
- If the cancellation is done 0-6 days before the start of the trek: No refund.
- No show: No refund.
Avoid wearing precious Jewellery while trekking, as Team TT, won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without a refund.
Fitness & Health – Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands a good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
- Trek to the Ratangad Fort which is called as jewel amongst all the hill forts of the Sahyadri mountain range
- Traverse through the rocky trails and get mesmerized by the tranquil views of the lush greens that surround you
- Take part in this trek with an experienced and friendly guide that will be assisting you throughout the trek
- Explore the fort after reaching the top that includes the famous four gates namely, Ganesh, Hanuman, Konkan and Trimbak
What is included in the tour
- Travel arrangements from Mumbai-Mumbai in private shared vehicles
- Meal package consisting of breakfast and lunch
- Services of an experienced trekking guide
- Basic first aid kit
- All applicable taxes
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, roadblocks etc.
- Personal expenses such as tips to staff, additional meals or beverages etc.
- Adventure travel or medical insurance
- Anything not mentioned in inclusions