Sandhan Valley, also known as Valley of suspense or Valley of Shadow, is one of the greatest canyons in the splendid setting of Sahyadri Western Ghats. The water carved valley is 200 ft deep and about 1.5 km long. Sandhan valley is located on the western side of the beautiful Bhandardara region, near Samrad village. The valley is surrounded by mighty Alang, Madan, and Kulang (Known as AMK- rated as the toughest trek in Sahyadri) Ratangad, Ajoba & Kalsubai 5400 ft. the highest peak in Maharashtra mountain ranges. The brilliant and deep narrow rock floored ravine is located between the two high walls of the mountain range. At some places, its width is less than 3 ft and at some places, sun rays unable to reach the ground. Which gives it the name: valley of shadows.
09:45 am: Meet the team at SGNP Main Gate Borivali East
10:15 am: Vile Parle Hanuman road bus stop.
10:45am: Sion station
11:30 am: Pickup from Teen Hath Naka Junction, Thane
05:00 pm: Reach base village - Samrad,
05:30 pm: Have a quick refreshing breakfast.
05:45 pm: Move towards the campsite, check in your camps and enjoy beautiful sunset.
08:30 pm: Have your dinner and night stay in the camp and enjoy bonfire.
06:30 am: Wake up call.
07:00 am: Have your breakfast and get ready for the trek.
08:30 am: Start trekking down towards Sandhan valley for Rapelling.
09:30 am: Enjoy trekking, at a 4 ft deep water patch approx. 30 m length, descending on the rock patches, rappelling 50 ft. down on a rock patch, etc. All this only adds to the thrill of the whole exploration.
01:30 pm: Come back to the base village, change and have lunch.
02:30 pm: Start your journey towards Mumbai.
09.00 pm: Reach Mumbai with lots of thrilling memories.
Tour Type: This is a group trek (cost valid on minimum 15 participants)
Things to Carry:
- ID Card
- 2 litres water. Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder. Snacks & Biscuits
- Extra Pair of Clothes. Clean napkin or small towel. Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Torch with Extra Batteries
- Please carry medicines if you need any
- Hand Sanitizer
- If cancellation is done 10 days or more before the start of the trek: 75% will be refunded of the total trip cost.
- If cancellation is done 7-9 days prior to the start of the trek: 50% will be refunded of the total trip cost.
- If the cancellation is done 0-6 days before the start of the trek: No refund.
- No show: No refund.
Avoid wearing precious Jewellery while trekking, as Team TT, won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without a refund.
Fitness & Health – Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands a good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over-the-counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
- Magnificent view of the Huge Valley
- Fully shadowed trek! Say bye to sun rays!
- Sunset at lakeside.
- Rapelling thrill.
What is included in the tour
- Private Non AC Bus travel to Sandhan Valley and back
- Triple / Quadruple Sharing Tented Accommodation
- Meals including - 2 breakfasts, 1 dinner, and 1 lunch
- Equipment for rappelling, as needed
- Forest entry charges, if any
- Guide and expertise charges
- First aid kit
What is NOT included in the tour
- Meals during transit
- Personal expenses such as extra meals, packaged water, soft drinks, etc.
- Any cost arising due to delays, roadblocks, landslides, etc.
- Anything not specifically mentioned in the inclusions