Sandhan Valley, also known as Valley of suspense or Valley of Shadow, is one of the greatest canyons in the splendid setting of Sahyadri Western Ghats. The water carved valley is 200 ft deep and about 1.5 km long. Sandhan valley is located on the western side of the beautiful Bhandardara region, near Samrad village. The valley is surrounded by mighty Alang, Madan, and Kulang (Known as AMK- rated as the toughest trek in Sahyadri) Ratangad, Ajoba & Kalsubai 5400 ft. the highest peak in Maharashtra mountain ranges. The brilliant and deep narrow rock floored ravine is located between the two high walls of the mountain range. At some places, its width is less than 3 ft and at some places, sun rays unable to reach the ground. Which gives it the name: valley of shadows.
09:45 pm: Meet the team at SGNP Main Gate Borivali East
10:15 pm: Andheri Bisleri Factory
010:45pm: Kotak Mahindra ATM, Dadar (East)
11:30 pm: Pickup from Teen Hath Naka Junction, Thane
05:00 am: Reach base village - Samrad, freshen up
05:30 am: Have a quick refreshing breakfast and introduction round along with rules and start the trek
05:45 am: Start trekking towards Sandhan valley for Rappelling
08:30 am: Enjoy trekking, at a 4 ft deep water patch approx. 30 m length, descending on the rock patches, rappelling 50 ft. down on a rock patch, etc. All this only adds to the thrill of the whole exploration.
01:30 pm: Lunch in route.
04:00 pm: Reach base village, change and have hot tea
08:30 pm: Dinner & Night Stay under open Sky in Tent.
Day: 2 - Sunday - Sandhan Valley Trek Route
06:30 am: Wake up, Breakfast.
07:30 am: Start descending toward Dehne village.
10:00 am: Reach Dehne village and start travel from Dehne village to Mumbai
06:30 pm: Reach Mumbai (Tentatively)
Tour Type: This is a group trek (cost valid on minimum 15 participants)
Things to Carry
- ID Proof
- Some ready to eat food like- plum cakes, fruits, chocolates, biscuits, etc.
- 3 Litres of water must.
- Good trekking shoes.
- Power bank optional
- Extra pair of clothes, socks optional
- Cap, Camera as Optional
- 1 packet of electrol, enerzal, glucon-D
- Medications if required for individual
- Avoid wearing precious ornaments at the event, if possible
- And a haversack or backpack to put all the above things to be carried, so hands are free to help each other while trekking.
- Sling bags / jholas / trolley bags etc not allowed at the event. Please pack accordingly.
- If cancellation is done 10 days or more before the start of the trip: 75% will be refunded of the total trip cost.
- If cancellation is done 7-9 days prior to the start of the trip: 50% will be refunded of the total trip cost.
- If the cancellation is done 0-6 days before the start of the trip: No refund.
- No show: No refund.
Pick-up and Drop Facility
- We offer a pick-up and drop bus service from Ghatkopar, Andheri, Bandra, Sion, Thane and Kalyan.
- Actual timings for the pickup will be informed through WhatsApp one day prior to the event.
- Participants staying other than these locations will have to reach to nearest pickup location mentioned above.
- Anyone who wishes to use personal transportation can. We will provide you the location of the campsite after registration
Above schedule can change depending on sky conditions and the travel duration.
Avoid wearing precious Jewellery around the campsite, as Team TT won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without a refund.
Polluting campsite is strictly prohibited.
Participants are responsible for his/her own safety and baggage.
The organizers reserve all the rights to change/deviate/ cancel the plans without prior notice.
Fees once paid will only be refunded if organizers call off the event
- Magnificent view of the Huge Valley
- Fully shadowed trek! Say bye to sun rays!
- Full descend, keep climbing down
- Rappelling thrill
- Natural pond to chill beside
- Camping in the dark valley
- Explore Dehne village
What is included in the tour
- Private Non AC Bus travel to Sandhan Valley and back
- Triple / Quadruple Sharing Tented Accommodation
- Meals including - 2 breakfasts, 1 dinner, and 1 lunch
- Equipment for rappelling, as needed
- Forest entry charges, if any
- Guide and expertise charges
- First aid kit
What is NOT included in the tour
- Meals during transit
- Personal expenses such as extra meals, packaged water, soft drinks, etc.
- Any cost arising due to delays, roadblocks, landslides, etc.
- Anything not specifically mentioned in the inclusions