Triund trek in Mcleodganj is a perfect trek for first time hikers or occasional travelers as the route for this trek is not so difficult but camping at the Top of Triund is just a new level experience for any trekker. Night camping is really a fun element on the Triund trek. It is one of the most popular treks for a weekend getaway.
Day 1: Dharamkot- Triund Trek (Trek for 8 km)
Reach our Basecamp in Dharamkot. Freshen up and get ready to have some adrenaline rush. We will start our trek at around 10 am meandering through beautiful forests. Believe us, you are going to get many surprises. The uphill will allow you to have a panoramic view of the picturesque landscape. Maiden trekkers would take about 4-5 hours uphill trek to hit the camps hyphenated with tea breaks.
However, it’d be even better when we take our time appreciating the awesome trail. This would stretch the trek time by about an hour or two which is worth it, considering the small little cafes we’d stop by on the route & also grabbing the photo opportunities that’d make this journey even more memorable!
Our aim is to reach Triund before sunset, as the sight is surely going to take your breath away. It is one of the best sunsets that you are going to see in your lifetime. The Peaks are so close to you it seems as if one can touch the snow-swept mountains. Later, we begin the night under the cover of stars.
Day 2: Triund – Dharamkot
This day after breakfast we will be on a roll. As climbing downhill is always fun. We will reach our Base Camp. After that, you are free to explore the local market. Chill, sit, and relax in one of the cafes.
Things to carry
- Carry a jacket and a sweater
- Make sure you have a medical kit
- Energy drinks, snacks and water bottles to refuel your energy
- A pair of sunglasses
- Insect repellent
- Carry a torchlight which is a lifesaver for many trekkers
- An extra pair of trekking shoes and warm socks
- If cancellation is done 10 days or more before the start of the trek: 75% will be refunded of the total trip cost.
- If cancellation is done 7-9 days prior to the start of the trek: 50% will be refunded of the total trip cost.
- If the cancellation is done 0-6 days before the start of the trek: No refund .
- No show: No refund.
Avoid wearing precious Jewellery while trekking, as Team TT won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
Fitness & Health – Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
Trek to Triund to explore rich Himachali landscapes. | Trek for hours in the day and stay indoors at night. | Catch gorgeous views of the Dhauladhar mountains and Kangra valley. | Embark on a short and easy trek in Himachal Pradesh.
What is included in the tour
- Camping at Triund on sharing basis.
- 2 Meals and snacks in the evening.
- Freshen Up in the common Toilets.
- Trekking Gears: Tents, Sleeping Bags and Mattress
- Professional Guide.
- We have rich experience with this region & definitely, lots of stories .
What is NOT included in the tour
- All the transportation to and from the Base Camp.
- Freshen Up or stay in the Guest house
- Any meals not mentioned above