On this trek to Visapur, you’ll explore the ruins of an ancient fort after trekking along a mountainous route. The trek begins from the base village of Patan as you begin walking under the cover of thick jungles. En route, you’ll encounter water cisterns and small river streams intersecting your trail. As you get closer to Visapur, you’ll climb on rock-cut stairs that are often flooded by monsoon rains flowing down from the fort.
This trek is an excellent way to escape from the city for a quick weekend getaway. Fit beginners, as well as experienced trekkers, may attempt the trek.
05:45 Meet at SGNP Main Gate, Borivali.
06:00 Leave for Visapur fort trek.
06:45 Pick up at Pritam Da Dhaba, Dadar.
07:15 Pick up at Teen Hath Naka, Thane.
09:30 Reach base village and have breakfast.
10:00 Start ascending.
12:30 Reach the top and explore.
13:30 Start descending.
15:00 Reach base village and have Lunch.
16:00 Start return journey towards Mumbai.
21:00 Approx. arrival at Borivali.
Tour Type: This is a group trek (cost valid on a minimum of 15 participants)
Things to Carry
- ID Card
- 2 litres of water. Energy Powder or Glucon D powder. Snacks & Biscuits
- Extra Pair of Clothes. Clean napkin or small towel. Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet.
- Double pack your valuables/phones in plastic bags.
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet.
- Please carry medicines if you need any
- Hand Sanitizer
- If cancellation is done 10 days or more before the start of the trek: 75% will be refunded of the total trip cost.
- If cancellation is done 7-9 days prior to the start of the trek: 50% will be refunded of the total trip cost.
- If the cancellation is done 0-6 days before the start of the trek: No refund.
- No show: No refund.
Avoid wearing precious Jewellery while trekking, as Team TT, won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without a refund.
Fitness & Health – Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands a good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
- Add a little excitement to your weekend with a day trek to Visapur.
- Catch spectacular morning views of the mountains and forests of Western Ghats.
- Climb up to an elevation of 3,556 feet and scale the Visapur Fort.
- Explore ancient water cisterns, walls, staircases, temples and other ruins of Visapur.
What is included in the tour
- Travel arrangements from Mumbai-Mumbai in private shared vehicles
- Meal package consisting of breakfast and lunch
- Services of an experienced trekking guide
- Basic first aid kit
- All applicable taxes
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, roadblocks etc.
- Personal expenses such as tips to staff, additional meals or beverages etc.
- Adventure travel or medical insurance
- Anything not mentioned in inclusions